Adrian Leones.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ross Lovegrove: The power and beauty of organic design | Task Five: Part Two |

The videos take home message was about how designers instinct to be incorporated into their designs. Rather than focusing on strict processes, if a designer were to apply the rules of nature, then processes will always be reinvented. The idea of how nature can keep improving over time can definitely be associated with how design can improve a product over time.

As a student of Industrial design, I can see how Ross Lovegrove tries to associate the move into reinventing processes rather then following and establishing a constant use in every design I put my work into. Through this, I’ll be able to incorporate more instinct choices and ideas rather than looking for the same answer. Another view I thought that could add to my growth as an industrial design is that I can look for inspiration in nature, how Ross found a car in just a droplet of water still surprises me.

An aspect that has changed my opinion in design is when Ross explains how Industrial Design is an art form of the 21st Century, that will definitely stick in my mind as a designer trying to move away from his artist roots.

0 comments: